Wednesday, July 6, 2011

June 2011

We started off the month going camping with one of our homeschool groups. We had a great time. The kids ran around the woods the entire time. I got to have great conversations with amazing women.



The big boys joined swim team this year. The first couple of weeks were hard work, with a little complaining from Quinton about how tired he was. Isaac has had to sit out of practice for three of the weeks. One week he hurt himself going off the high dive then made it worse by going to swim team practice the next day. I didn't realize that he was really hurt for a couple of days. I thought he was trying to get out of chores. Another week he had basketball practice. This week he cut his finger really bad and was told not to go swimming for a week.

Stacia and Levi took swimming lessons. They loved it. Stacia did really good.

One of our friends said we could come pick peaches from their peach tree. We got three big boxes of peaches. We couldn't eat all of the, so I came up with different ways to use them: canning, jam, juicing then freeze as popsicles, fruit leather (which I ended up fermenting them buring), freeze some slices for smoothies. Luckily I had a friend come help.



Troy went to mountain man rendevous (again, 2nd time this year, but who's counting). The kids and I drove up to Concho to give away our kittens. Then we went to pick up Troy from the Mountain Man rendevous.

We've had a busy summer: swim team, swimming lessons, basketball camp, camp out, driving up to Concho, Isaac starting speach therapy, going swimming, along with normal piano lessons, cub scouts and activity days.

Isaac made this fish out of legos. I love that my kids love to build with legos. The one problem I face is how long to keep the creation until someone can use the pieces.

No comments: