
I love homeschooling. I know it's only been a few months, but I think it is great. The biggest issue is not having a lot of time to myself. Lucky for me I have a great husband who always helps out with the kids. Another big concern for homeschooling is the social issue. I think that being active in church, scouts, sports and the community will provide a varied opportunities for them to interact with many different people.
As for curriculum everyday I do reading, writing, math, learn primary songs and memorize scpritrues. We cover science and social studies through their general curiosity by observing, reading books, researching topics on the internet, going to museums, and through play. One day I let Quinton work on building a truck from legos, working on reading, fine motor skills, and following directions. Here is a picture of Quinton and Isaac working the the truck.
As for curriculum everyday I do reading, writing, math, learn primary songs and memorize scpritrues. We cover science and social studies through their general curiosity by observing, reading books, researching topics on the internet, going to museums, and through play. One day I let Quinton work on building a truck from legos, working on reading, fine motor skills, and following directions. Here is a picture of Quinton and Isaac working the the truck.
1 comment:
Yeah Tracey!! Welcome to the blogging world. I am so glad that you jumped on the band wagon. I really admire people who can homeschool because I could never do it. I know I never got back to you with Trina's phone number, so sorry. I will e-mail it to right now. But you can check out here blog from my blog. www.sjwimmer.blogspot.com. By the way I am going to add you to my buddies, do you mind?
Post a Comment