Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

We went to the Veteran's Day Parade in Mesa today. We had a great time. We walked there (it was only a mile away). The boys ride their bike and I push the two little ones in a stroller. We had a great time. It was very touching. One entry in the parade was the display from the Gilbert Constitution Week of all the fallen AZ service men and women. Then there were so many vetrans. I felt immense gratitude for all the people who've put their lives on the line to protect our country.

We are trying to instill a love of our country and the freedoms we possess in our children. We have talked about the flag and how we should treat it. One thing we try to do is stand and put our hand on our heart if a flag passes by. Since it was a Veteran's Day parade there were a lot of flags. At one point there were many flags right in a row so Big Q, Ike and I stood with our hand on our hearts for a long time. Then I noticed that someone was taking our picture. He took pictures of us for like 10 minutes. He finally came up and told me he was with the AZ Republic and asked our names, ages and what city we lived in. Maybe the kids and I will be in the AZ Republic tomorrow.

The kids loved the marching bands, especially LT. There were lots of cub scout troups, they loved the Karate School that was in the parade. And there were trucks, also a favorite of LT.

2 comments:

Webb Family said...

What a fun family activity!
Looks like they had a great time.

bonnie said...

that looks like so much fun, I am wishing we could have your weather. Remamber November in Utah.....Cold.