
December started off with my parents being here for a few days on their way up to UT and ID. Troy and I felt like we should put Quinton and Isaac in school. I felt and overwheliming peace making that decision. I never thought I would ever put them in school. But I know that is what we are supposed to do. They will start in January. Troy took the kids to see The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Last year we listened to the book. Troy remembered it fondly from his youth. I stayed home with JW. Everyone had a great time.
Quinton raced in his first triathlon. It was the Anthem Holiday Classic. He had a fun time and did a great job.
We went caroling for our pack meeting. The kids always want to go caroling. But singing is not one of my talents, I'm not just trying to modest either. I love the praise Heavenly Father through hymns. And I love the spirit I feel when I list or sing good music. I just don't have any musical abilities. I usually try to support my kids when they want to do something good, like service or getting to know our neighbors or missionary work. But I always say no to caroling because, I know they will be so timid once we get up to someone's door that they won't sing and the poor soul would have to listen to me. I was very happy to take the kids caroling with the pack.
Quinton had a piano recital. I didn't look at the invitation and assumed it was at the same place it was last year. I walked over there and got there right on time. That wasn't the location of the recital. Troy and I pulled up to the recital just in time to see Quinton playing trough the window. A friend video taped it for me.
Every year we see these little green love birds. They come in pairs. We only see them one day. They rest on the power lines for a little bit. This year there were 3 pairs.
My friend Reilly and I had a sewing night to finish Christmas sewing projects. I made Stacia and I matching Christmas skirts. Stacia got to wear hers all month. I finished mine right before Christmas.
Every year we try to invite all our neighbors over. We had our Christmas Party on Pioneer.
Troy had a birthday. Went hiking and geo caching. We had a gret time. Isaac got Troy a pair of slippers for his birthday. He saw some at Target and really wanted to get them for him.
My mom, dad, sister Tira and her girls drove down a couple of days before Christmas.
I made the kids costumes to us for the nativity. I cut up sheets and used pillow cases. They had try outs and practiced for two days for the navtivity play. Troy got to be the narrator, reading Luke 2 while the kids acted it out. We had a full house for Christmas eve. A couple of our family friends from New York that live here came over. The kids did their play. It was beautiful. I felt Holy Ghost testify that our Savior lives while I watched their play. We had a fun Christmas day, opening up a couple of presents in the morning before church and leaving the rest until later in the day.
Quinton and Isaac went to cub scout day camp for a few days. Troy got to go with them one day. I love New Year's eve. We had plans to have a couple of friends come over. I got strep throat and was feeling horrible, so we canceled our plan and just had a family movie night. We had some fireworks too! I got burning sparklers drop in my hand. I think I got 3rd degree burns, it blistered right away. Troy told me to put raw honey on it. They burn healed over night, except for the little spots with blisters. We had a great December.
No comments:
Post a Comment