Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Big News

In the past week while my computer was being fixed Troy and I decided to open a business. Troy loves working from home, but does not love his job. Our hope is that eventually he will be able to run our business full time.

You may be wondering what business we would like to open. We are going to open an emergency supply and food storage store. We are going to include 72 hour kits, auto emergency kits, first aid kits, flashlights, pocket knives, other little things to go in a 72 hour kits. We are also going to sell water barrels and other methods for storing water, water purification, shelving for food storage, wheat, hand grinders.

Another idea we have is to have a 3 month supply club where we will try and get a great deal on a couple of different items to build up your 3 month supply a little every month. We are thinking of items like, canned peaches, pears, green beans, corn, spagetti sauce to name a few.

We welcome any ideas and suggestions. At the moment we are still working on getting incorporated. There is a location we are very interested in. We were were planning on naming our store Emergency Supply and Foods Storage. I know it is not very creative. We have a couple of other ideas. Give us your opinion and vote in the poll I have going.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck!! Opening a business is hard work. I am sure you guys will do great. Here is your firt customer....me. We made a new focus this year to be better at food storage.

Cresta said...

Great idea! It's nice to have the name of what you actually do in the title - that way people will be able to find you easier! Good Luck!

Emily said...

Hi Tracey- You never cease to amaze me... what a go getter!! I love that about you. If anyone could run a business, homeschool, get settled in a new area, raise 4 little ones- All at once- I'ts YOU!! Good luck with the business! Add me to your list of customers! I don't know of a place like that to get all those supplies...Great Idea!! we miss you so much and were talking about that at our enrichment meeting last night... We love tracey!!! xoxo-Emily Huber

blah, blah by lindsey said...

that is so exciting! i need to get on my food storage!