Sunday, October 19, 2008

gardening, baking and French Jalepeno

You can tell I am not a professional photographer. See my shadow. This week Troy and the kids planted more in our garden.
This is French Jalepeno. First Big Q made up the name French Jalepeno just for fun and they would walk around the house saying it. Then somehow this green gorilla became French Jalepeno. The kids fight over who gets to play with him.
The kids help me bake this week. I love using baking as part of school. There is so much to learn from baking. We baked some bread.
I was on a roll baking. For months I've been telling the kids we'd make some bagels. We finally did. They were pretty good. But the recipe took a long time. We started one day and finished the next.
We also started baking cookies. We are making 1000 cookies for the AZLAF Family Ball. These are the Ginger cookies. It is an original 1950's recipe. The cookies are made with bacon grease. They actually taste really good. We have made somewhere between 500 and 600. My freezer is half full of cookies. Not a really good idea for someone trying to lose weight.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe you can still garden, that would be nice!!!

HMMM send me some bread it looks soooo good!

bonnie said...

Way to go girl...You are a baking machine