
Here is a better picture of the hair Girlfriend chopped off. Luckily it was not too noticable in our family pictures.

This is Big Q and Ike on the roof getting ready to jump on the trampoline.

Big Q jumping. I somehow missed getting a picture on Ike.

Big Q holding one of our new chickens. We got 6 of them.

Last week it was rainy and overcast for a few days. On the rainy day we saw a rainbow in the sky. Big Q asked if we could find the end of the rainbow. I wanted to say no. It was one of the those moments I asked myself why not say yes. I don't have to always say no. I took a picture of us getting in the car at the start of our adventure.

Then I took a picture of the rainbow. We drove toward it for a few minutes. Then it disappeared. We got as far as a half a mile away. We were gone for 5 maybe 10 minutes. I'm glad I said yes even though we didn't find the end of the rainbow.

You might be wondering why Ike wanted a sewing kit. He wanted to make a dress for one of Girlfriend's dolls.

We designed a dress pattern on paper, cut out the pattern, then cut out the fabric, sewed it together and sewed a button on.

I think that he wanted to make a doll dress because we had been reading On the Banks of Plum Creek a part of the Little House series and Laura made a dress for her doll. I think there was only one sentence about it. It's amazing what they pick up.
I didn't take much time on Thanksgiving to reflect on my blessings. I feel so blessed and have much to be thankful for. Everyday I give thanks for Jesus Christ my redeemer. I am thankful that I have a testimony of Him and the atonement. I am thankful for the scpriptures and the Holy Ghost that testify of Him. I hope that Troy and I can pattern our lives after him. I am so thankful for my husband that works hard at his job and our business to provide for us. He is always finding ways to serve me as well. I am thankful to be a mother, and to have my children home with me. I am thankful for the hard times when I want to strangle my kids, it makes me a better mother as I strive to handle these day to day challenges. I'm thankful for my sister, who comes to my rescue watching the kids and fixing their hair and making me get out of the house to see Twilight and go day after thanksgiving shopping. Hopefully I can show my gratitude daily.
4 comments:
LOVE these photos!
good for you and the rainbow!!!! why do we always think we "have" to or "get" to say no?
yeah for day after Thanksgiving shopping!
I'm finally going to see Twilight with Tricia tonight. did you know she is expecting?
Your kids are so cute, I can't believe Ike sewed that dress, way to go!!! I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets her kids jump off the roof onto the trampoline!! I'm shocked at you guys! :)
Post a Comment