Friday, April 11, 2008

purpose of my blog

I started my blog thinking it would be great to keep my family updated on what is going on in our life since we don't live near any family and I don't talk to them on the phone too much. It seems like mosts of my post are sharing my testimony. So maybe the purpose of my blog is to stregthen my testimony through sharing.

I felt like I should share this e-mail that I sent to my family a couple of months ago. My parents were a bit concerned about us a business, so I sent this e-mail to my parents and siblings.

I feel that Troy and I have been very blessed inthe past year to strengthen our marriage. It started with Levi. Throughout the pregnancy I was planning on having a V-BAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) again. Then a couple of weeks before the pregancy I kept getting this feeling that I should do a c-section. Troy and I talked it over and decided to pray about it. He got his answer right away. Yes we should do a c-section. I didn'tget an answer until we were talking to my ob-gyn. The Holy Ghost confirmed to me that we should plan a c-section. The only available date before my doctor left on vaction was valentines day.

After we had Levi, throughout the spring and summer last year whenever there was a lesson about getting prepared I got the impression that we should put our house us for sale. I ignored it because we planned on putting it up for sale in December '07. Finally in September the RS president was giving the lesson on being prepared, when the Holy Ghost told me you need to sell your house and this time you need to listen. I talked toTroy about it, we prayed about it and put the house on the market. When we finally got an offer on our house it was alot less than our current asking price. Troy and I talked about it, and prayed about it. I was led to talk to a couple of people who told be stories about those they knew who regretted not taking their first offer on the house. Then later on accpeted offers that were way below the first offer. The HolyGhost also reminded me that I had prayed that someone would know that they could offer us below our askingprice. Troy and I both felt good about accepting the offer.

Troy is working from home, which we love and it is working out great, but he doesn't like his job. So instead of looking for another job in the corporate world I suggested Troy decide what career he would enjoy. Through prayer, and going to the temple he really felt like we should start a business. I thought great he can go back to school to get a law degree or become CPA and start his own business. Through more prayer, fasting and going to the temple he said his answer was the WE were supposedto start a business and it should be emergency supplies. We talked about it and then I started praying. I have felt calm and peaceful about it. I have learned that is how theHoly Ghost feels and when I follow that feeling I am doing what I should be doing. We decided to open an emergency supply and food storage store. We are both passionate about those two things. Troy loves the emergency supply side. I enjoy food storage. We have both prayed about this and feel that this is the right thing for us to do. We hope it succeeds, but if wefail we are confident that there would be a reason.

We are in the process of starting our business. We have incorporated and signed a lease in a store front on Mesa Dr just south of Main St. in Mesa next to Deseret Book. Teana (my sister) is moving down from SLC and is going to work for us since I am still committed to homeschooling our kids. Troy is going to continue to work. For now Troy is going to stay with Zion's bank, working part-time while we start this business. We hope that our business will be successful and that soon he can do that full time.

I love Troy with all my heart. He provides for us andi s always serving me and our children. He thinks thatI do a lot for our family. I couldn't do anything if it weren't for him. He is always helping with the kids feeding them, bathing them, getting up with them in the middle of the night. He helps keep our housein order, helping do laundry, dishes and pick up toys.He is the reason I am able to get anything done.

I want to share my testimony of the Savior with you aswell I know that my Savior loves me, He knows me, He atoned for my sins. I know that this gospel is His. That He is resurrected and that He will come to earth again.

1 comment:

Jaynann said...

Thanks for sharing that. It was beautiful and so sweet about Troy. Troy is one of the most selfless people I know and he is so sweet to you. He was Eric's favorite companion on his mission. He has such a pure heart.

I hope all goes well with your company and I will check it out online. I am impressed with your faith and willingness to follow your promptings.