Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Since Troy has a calling as a primary teacher. I get to stay home with the kids when they are sick. And they are sick again. This week Q & Stacia have fevers. So I'll take this time to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom.

  • My mom, who lives in New York always comes to help when we need her. When Stacia was born she came for one whole month. She expected to come out and help with the kids, and she also ended up packing up our house all by herself so we could move to UT. Then when Levi was born she came to help again. This is a picture of her holding Levi. My mom always remembers everyones birthday and holidays. She loves when our wholel family gets together since it doesn't happen very often with all of us living different places.
  • Both of my grandmothers have passed away. My Grandma Alice just passed away last summer. I always loved eating one of her feasts. She always prepared tons of food and it was always good, really good. She loved her great-grandchildren. She came to visit us in AZ when Quinton was born and she wouldn't put him down. I practically had to pry Quinton from her hands when he needed to eat. My Grandma Brown passed away early in 2003. She always spoke her mind, which I loved.
  • I don't want to forget my mother-in-law who passed away in Aug 1999. She was a great example and I learned much from her in the two years I knew her. I know that Troy misses her very much. I feel bad for my kids missing out on knowing her in this life.
Mother's day has been stressing me out, I'm glad I starting writing this post to put a little perpective into the day and remind me to be thankful for the women in my life. I tried to have no expectations for the day knowing I would have to get the kids ready, prepare and clean up our meals. And it didn't hurt that the day started out with some chocolate in bed this morning.

No comments: