Friday, May 23, 2008

When it rains, it pours

Why does everything happen at the same time. This week, we moved into our new house, cleaned up our rental, opened our store full time with grand opening events, we flooded our new house twice last night with our washing machine, and Troy has a funeral in St. Johns on Saturday just to name a few of the events of the past week.

I've been working in our store all day today because Troy left for the funeral. I've met some great people and got to hang out with my sister, but I just want to be a stay-at-home homeschooling mom. That is where I belong. That's where I want to be. I'll help out in the store whenever I'm needed, but I prefer to be home. Don't get me wrong, some day it seems like I'm mad and yelling at the kids all day, some days I get tired of cleaning and laundry and grocery shopping and cooking and paying bills. On second thought maybe I should work in the store more often.

The Enlightened Homaker is amazing. She made cinamon rolls and bread using the prarie gold wheat that we sell. They were both amazing. We are giving samples so everyone can taste how good this wheat is. I ate a few too many cinamon roll samples. She is making more for tomorrow too. I'll need to stay away from the cinamon roll table.

4 comments:

Webb Family said...

I'm so sorry it's been so crazy for you! I have felt the same way lately just too much on my plate!!! Good luck with everything. I have some products that I want to ask you about. I hope I will get down to your store soon!

Crazymamaof6 said...

sound CRAZY! good luck with the grand opening.

Jill * Zane said...

Well, on the positive side, at least we had some cooler weather this week! But everything else is just plain madness. : ) Good luck on the new store; I'll have to remember to stop by some time. It was so neat running into you before you moved. I wish I could have stayed and chatted.

Nikki said...

I hear you girl. From a New Yorker to a New Yorker. I never mind helping making extra cash etc. But I belong home to. My husband is pushing to do more with my life to help out $ wise now that the kiddos are all in school but it is not done yet.