Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Gas Prices

Last Friday, August 1st, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) adjourned the House of Representatives for the five-week August recess after refusing to allow Congress to vote on legislation to increase the supply of American-made energy and to address the high price of gas.

Remember, democracy doesn't work unless you participate! If you want Congress to reconvene this month and to address the energy issue before the summer is over, the Congressmen pushing this debate are urging you to take action in any or all of the following ways:
  1. Blog, blast email alerts, call reporters, write op-eds in your local newspapers, etc. and let your family and friends know what is going on.
  2. Flood Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office phone lines with calls, asking her to call Congress back to D.C. for an emergency session.
    Capitol Hill office phone: 202-225-0100
    Capitol Hill Switchboard: 202-224-3121

I called the office phone. Someone answered and I said that I wanted to leave a message. They passed me through to a voicemail and I said that I wanted her to call an emergency session this month to debate and vote on the energy issue. It only took a couple of minutes. You can do it too.

For more information you can look here.

1 comment:

Webb Family said...

You are so good to call!
Thanks for the information.
I'm going to have Mike call.