Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our first mom school

We had our first mom school this week. We had other homeschoolers come over. I will be using the I Love America vol 1 book to teach a lesson once a month. It is a fun curriculum that teaches about different events and personalities and America's patriotic history. We learned about Betsy Ross sewing the first American flag. Then we colored a picture and sewed bean bags. Then when everyone was done sewing their bean bags we played a game with our bean bags. I forgot to take pictures during our mom school. So this a picture after.
One day this week the kids and I were outside reading Little House on the Prarie when LT came out with a measuring cup filled with wheat. The bag had been on the floor, so I moved it to the table. LT pulled the chair out and climbed up on the table like he likes to do so he could get to his wheat. I took him off the table and he brought his wheat outside to put it in the bucket.
LT love to copy us. yesterday the dishwasher was open so he got out the dishwasher soap to put in the dishwasher. He spilled it on the floor and then went and got a towel to clean it up.

One of the sister I visit teach had her oldest son get baptized yesterday and she invited me to go. Troy was working so I brought all the kids. They were so excited to go to a baptism. They loved it.


2 comments:

Julie said...

LT looks so different with his haircut, where did your baby go?

Honey Girl said...

The mom school sounds great. I looked up your I Love America book. How do you like it? I saw that they sell Janeen Brady's "Take Your Hat Off When the Flag Goes By" CD at the Restoring the Heart of America website. Do you have it? I love Janeen Brady and am thinking about buying it.