Troy and the kids got me The Complete Novels of Jane Austen for Mothers Day. I love Jane Austen but only own one of her books. I was so excited because I never read Lady Susan before. I'm not done reading it yet. It is really good. The main character Lady Susan is not a nice woman. Does she have any other main characters who are not good? Has anyone else read Lady Susan?
2 comments:
I'm a Jane Austen fan, almost to the extreme. I've read all of her books several times over and also many off shoots as well. Lady Susan is one of my least favorites. Go with Persuasion, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Emma, Mansfield park, Northanger Abbey & the Lady Susan and the fraction of The Watsons( in that order). I also have all of the movies that PBS just showed plus all the Hollywood versions.
I do love Jane Austen. I've read all of them except Lady Susan. I was excited to read one that I hadn't read before. I haven't ever gotten into the movies as much. I'll have to give them another try. What are the off shoots?
Post a Comment