Sunday, June 1, 2008

I've been unpacking

I've spent all week trying to unpack and organized. Somehow I still have boxes and boxes left to unpack. This house is smaller then our last house so I need to be more organized. Everything needs a place. I did finish our rooms, our beds are put together our clothes are put away and all baby stuff not being used in stored away. When we flooded our kitchen last week I had all my food storage boxes in there. Most of my foods storage is from the cannery in the #10 tin cans and then 6 fit in a box. The boxes got soaked and since I didn't take care of that right away they started getting moldy. Now I need to find a spot for all those cans with no box.

I tried to work most of the day on unpacking along with my motherly duties of feeding my family and changing diapers. Then at night I would do something with the kids.


Monday night we brought our fire pit out front and invited a couple of neighbors over for s'mores and jumping in the bounce house.
Alex, Isaac, Quinton
Another night we went to the park near our house. We rode our bikes and played for a little bit.
These our new friends Fernando, Melanie, and Alex. They live across the street. They come over every day to play. I had told them that we would have marshmellow on Monday. They came over Monday around 11:30 waiting for us to have marshmellows. We didn't have Family Home Evening until 7:00 after we ate dinner and cleaned up the kitchen.

We have gotten out the slip-n-slide. They all played on it for hours the other day. They finally got the hang of how to use it. That same day I was unpacking and Isaac asked me "Where is Manado?". Me "Where is Morroco?" Isaac "No, our friend?" Me "You mean Fernando?" Isaac "Yes". We've seen Fernando everyday this week and Isaac still doesn't know his name.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

looks super fun! and you've done fun stuff even while you are packing! what a nice mom! good luck getting organized and settled! i'm sure you are totally on top of it! whereas i still have boxes unpacked from when we moved in here a year ago. NICE.

Julie said...

WE;ve been in our house 3 months and Abbey still calls the little girls next door "the little girls" I guess it's just not immportant to them, hey you must work for them. Glad your getting settled!. oh our old house is priced at $394,000 now you guys were so smart when you sold!

Nikki said...

How fun is that besides the unpacking and putting away things.